The International Thriller Writers announced their nominees for the ITW Thriller Awards today, and I was wonderstruck to hear that The Poacher's Son is up for "Best First Novel." Here are the other nominees:
- Carla Buckley – The Things That Keep Us Here (Random House)
- Paul Doiron – The Poacher's Son (Minatour)
- Reece Hirsch – The Insider (Berkley)
- Thomas Kaufman – Drink the Tea (Minatour)
- Chevy Stevens – Still Missing (St. Martin’s)
The winner will be announced at Thrillerfest in July.
When I think about this past year and all the good things that have come my way, I feel so grateful. I suppose that being nominated for a bunch of awards might make some people feel full of themselves, but honestly, I find it humbling. Life moves in strange ways.